BLANKHOMEABOUTCONTACTKNIVESLOVES

6.25.2012

Armadillo Iced Coffee

Sometimes you just don't want to do it. You simply don't want to get out of bed in the morning, but you do. I make the journey out of the bed for coffee. I love the way that it smells and tastes with lots of cream and sugar.

However sometimes my housemate makes the coffee and I simply do not have time before I run out the door in the mornings to drink it. So at the end of the day, the poor sad left over coffee sits waiting to be drunk in the pot. It doesn't want to be poured down the drain, it begs to become a delicious iced coffee. So I give in.


Armadillo Iced Coffee

3/4 of the cup (meaning the cup you are drinking it in) with room temperature coffee
A dash or two of amaretto or more depending on your taste
A splash of vanilla flavored milk
Some ice cubes

Stir and sip away!

Armadillo Iced Coffee, is what I decided to name this treat because I can never quite remember the name for Amaretto. So whenever I think of this yummy almond flavored liqueur, I know it will go down smooth but it surprisingly has a hard punch or shell so to speak :)

Ratios hot vs cold. So I know I told you I like my coffee with lots and cream and sugar which is true. However when items are cold they have less flavor to our palette. Therefore if you like your hot coffee to be a peanut butter color, in cold coffee you want it to be much darker.

Enjoy, responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment