BLANKHOMEABOUTCONTACTKNIVESLOVES

7.17.2012

Chinese and Grandparents

After a wonderful weekend full of treasures at the farmers market, Glenn and I headed up to see his grandparents on Sunday. He is doing a grad school genealogy project and needed his Grandfather's wisdom.

On our way there we stopped at a could be sketchy but has just the right amount of authentic to be awesome Chinese restaurant. Sometimes I just crave those steamed pork dumpings, which are just simply not the same as the ones you can find in the freezer section.

Then we were off, with is mom and sister to Big Canoe which is this wonderful mountain resort that is just trees and more trees and more trees. I completely and totally enjoyed listing to his grandparents tell story after story. The good and the bad. It is amazing what you can learn from your ancestors.


Talking about history and relationships, love, death, laughs and scandal. I enjoyed listening and desired to find out more about my personal history. Sure you can find out about who your ancestors are on a website, but you can't find out what your grandmother used to cuss say to your mom when she was little.
When I saw this little guy swinging on the back porch, I couldn't help but smile. I loved him. And somehow the plants just caught my eye. The little details that his grandparents had scattered throughout the house intrigued me. You can tell a lot about people, from the random knick knacks they treasure.


2 comments:

  1. SUCH a cool post, Kate. I know that had to have been very special for Glenn and how fun it must have been to peruse all of their fun trinkets and special items!Glad y'all had a fun day!
    ~L.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Vern and Joyce are surely treasures. I am so glad that you got to know the better!

    ReplyDelete