BLANKHOMEABOUTCONTACTKNIVESLOVES

7.11.2012

Teriyaki Lime Salmon and Roasted Zucchini

Goodness gracious, it is blazing in Georgia. It consistently is in the 90's getting well over a hundred most days. The idea of eating filling beef stew right now is sicking. Therefore a soft pink salmon with zucchini is what made up for last nights meal. The huge zucchini came from the garden of my accountant at work (only in small town America) and the salmon is a purchase from Sam's club. I got the whole piece of fish for $15 which is a steel if you split it up in five pieces like I did.
Roasted. It is probably one of my favorite ways to eat any vegetable. Just splash some extra virgin olive oil with salt and pepper on the veg and pop it in a 375 degree oven. Depending on what it is, but the timing is normally around 30 minutes for them to get golden and yummy. My ultimate favorite is asparagus this way! Also, this the the beginning to a great butternut squash soup recipe that I will be posting about this fall.
On to the fish! I like mine with more of an asian flare. Teriyaki, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and a splash of lime. I personally add a lot of teriyaki, a pinch of ginger and a tablespoon each of soy and vinegar. I cut up half of a lime and squeeze and slice two pieces off to cover the fish with. Wrap that bad boy up in tin foil and place it in the oven for 20 minutes on 375 degrees.



Whole meal done in the oven in thirty minutes. It is healthy, light and refreshing. I pour the left over sauce from the salmon over everything. So tasty!

Also the left over salmon, I use to make a salmon cakes or freeze them. Or I am thinking about trying my luck at smoking salmon. Wish me luck!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yuuum! Salmon is a favorite seafood of mine. Totally agree about roasting vegetables, although I'm also a fan of pan frying!

    ReplyDelete